CHS Students Serve as Election Poll Support
Barry County Clerk Gary Youngblood coordinated the student poll program with CHS students to allow students to serve as poll workers on Election Day. This special program gave students hands-on experience with the voting process and the opportunity to discover firsthand how the American electoral process works.
These students has the opportunity to make a difference. Their duties included;
- Set up and administer designated polling place with assistance of poll workers
- Direct voters to sign in, and verify signature
- Assist voters in the operation of the electronic voting booths or paper ballot voting
- Answer voters' procedural questions
- Close polls at the end of the Election Day with assistance of poll workers