Cassville R-VI School District offers several online courses for students who have applied and it has been determined to be in their best educational interest. Courses range from seated online offerings on campus to completely virtual outside of school offerings. Please check with your school counselor or principal for further information and application processes for these offerings.
Our guidelines state, "Open enrollment for virtual courses closes on the 5th academic day of the spring and fall semesters". The 5th academic day for the Fall 2021 semester is August 30th, 2021. The 5th academic day for the Spring 2022 semester is January 10th, 2022. Students will be able to participate in virtual instruction if it has been determined to be in their best educational interest.
Missouri Course Access and Virtual School Program (MOCAP) was established in 2007 as the state's online school. It was previously known as Missouri Virtual Instruction Program (MOVIP). Currently, MOCAP offers courses for K through 12th grade. Students can take courses from any Internet-connected computer, available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. MOCAP's mission is to offer Missouri students equal access to a wide range of high quality courses, and interactive online learning that is neither time, nor place dependent.
Virtual Instruction Guidelines
- Cassville students who apply to participate in a virtual instruction delivery course(s) must have the course(s) pre-approved by the district.
- Full-time students are students who are currently enrolled full-time at Cassville R-IV School District and have attended a Missouri public school for at least one full semester immediately prior to enrolling in a virtual class.
- Students who are not full-time due to attendance must pay their own tuition or have a documented medical or psychological condition that prohibited them from attending.
- Students who are not full-time due to not having attended a Missouri public school for at least one full semester immediately prior (but are now enrolled full-time) must pay their own tuition or appeal this provision to the superintendent of schools for review of the student’s case.
- Cassville R-IV School District will pay the cost of virtual courses only if the district has preapproved the student’s enrollment according to district policy.
- Students are responsible for any fees incurred due to lost, stolen, damaged, or unreturned materials.
Open enrollment for virtual courses closes on the 5th academic day of the Spring and Fall semesters. The 5th academic day for the Fall 2021 semester is August 30th, 2021 and the 5th academic day for the Spring 2022 is January 10th. 2022 . Open enrollment for summer virtual courses closes 5 academic days prior to the start of the summer session.
- The district is not required to provide students access or to pay for courses beyond the equivalent of full-time enrollment.
- Students taking courses virtually are subject to district policies, procedures, and rules applicable to students enrolled in traditional courses including, but not limited to, the district’s discipline code and prohibitions on academic dishonest, discrimination, harassment, bullying, and cyber bullying.
- Students may spend the first 5 days of virtual instruction seated at the district for training and correct implementation of the program (special circumstances can apply), such as COVID-19. Students will then be on a monitored status for the next 10 days and must prove they are working and able to navigate the program appropriately while off campus. Student may be withdrawn from the virtual instruction program and moved back to campus if adequate progress is not made.
- For more information and district policy information, visit: www.Cassville.k12.mo.us.
Best Educational Interest Determination and Request for Virtual Courses
Cassville R-VI School District offers online courses through the use of our own staff members as well as Launch and Edgenuity. Courses range from seated online offerings on campus to completely virtual outside of the school setting. Launch and Edgenuity are the preferred MOCAP provider of Cassville R-IV School District. To ensure virtual instruction is in the best educational interest of the student, the following guidelines will apply upon approval:
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignments and completing course requirements without reminders.
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student's understanding.
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Student previously was successful with virtual coursework.
►Best Education Determination Policy (IGCD-AP)
► Virtual Instruction Policy (IGCD)
► MOCAP Homepage
► Process and Review
► Registration Request Virtual Education